Yoga Studio Tips
Walking into a yoga studio for the first time can be intimidating. Whether you’re a new student or a regular, these tips are good reminders for all of us to foster respect and make everyone feel comfortable and welcome.
1. Be on time. Arrive 10-15 minutes before the class begins to prepare your space. The teacher will be at the entrance to greet you. For Zoom classes, please log on 5-10 minutes before class begins. Park in the parking lot in the back of the school.
2. Wear appropriate clothing - something comfortable. Shoes and boots are to be left in the hallway. Coats and purses should be brought in the studio and placed in the cloakroom. Be mindful of fragrances and minimize the use of strong perfumes.
3. Bring your own mat and props, however we have extra mats, blankets, blocks, bolsters, sandbags and straps available for use. If you use our supplies, be sure to clean them with wipes.
4. Be respectful of other students when setting up your space. Be neighborly and make room for others as they prepare their space.
5. Bring a water bottle. We have a small refrigerator with water bottles in case you forget.
6. Notify the instructor of injuries. If there is something you want her to know about your health that may affect your ability to do some of the postures, let her know before class begins.
7. Get unplugged. Remember to turn off your cell phone or watch phone, unless you need to be reached in an emergency.
8. If you have to cancel a class that you registered for, please do so as soon as you can. You can cancel through the booking app.
9. Yoga is a non-competitive activity. Start where you are. Don't compare yourself to others in the class. Everyone has limitations and strengths. Just do what you can.
10. Have fun, relax and enjoy the practice!